Christ the King focuses on programs that feed the hungry, help the sick, combat racism, provide shelter and assistance to those in need and provide comfort to students, recovering addicts, senior citizens and military personnel. We do this because God has poured out great love for us in Jesus.
We partner with other organizations to do some of this work:
- Family Promise of Western Waukesha County – homeless prevention program & services for homeless families.
- Mt. Meru Coffee Project – direct Fair Trade non-profit organization
- Outreach for Hope – a ministry of the Greater Milwaukee Synod that helps provide resources to inner-city and struggling congregations in our synod. We also regularly support their annual fundraising bike ride in September.
- Reformation Lutheran – a Milwaukee inner-city congregation. We provide financial support and partner with them through fellowship, leadership development, racism awareness training, and more.
- Serenity Inn – a drug and alcohol rehabilitation house for men in Milwaukee. Monthly, we prepare meals and enjoy a time of fellowship with men at the inn.
- STTLC (Stop Trafficking Together in Lake Country) – has a mission “To abolish human trafficking through prevention, collaboration, support, and advocacy.”