Children age three to grade six gather for Sunday School during worship service. Please click here for our 2016-17 calendar:
Sunday School Calendar April-May 2017
Families begin worship together and children leave with their teachers after the Prayer of the Day. For those students who receive communion, a teacher or youth helper will bring them to the sanctuary at the appropriate time (First Communion instruction is offered in the fall).
Our faith formation ministry for children includes:
- Word and Worship: We primarily follow a lectionary-based curriculum. We hear and share the Good News from the same gospel reading heard in worship so that families may “take the story home” and engage in conversation, prayer and study.
- Music – Making a joyful noise through song and with instruments helps us to understand what it means to praise God!
- Faith Milestones: Each grade level studies a section of Luther’s Small Catechism and shares with the congregation. Memory work is taught in creative and and meaningful ways to engage all learning styles.
- PreK/Kindergarten – Bedtime and mealtime prayers
- Grades 1 and 2 – The Lord’s Prayer
- Grades 3 and 4 – The Ten Commandments
- Grades 5 and 6 – The Apostles’ Creed
Sunday School Calendar