Children age three to grade six gather for Sunday School during worship service.
Sunday School begins at 9 a.m. in the lower level/All God’s Children area. Parents of children 2nd grade and younger should drop off their child(ren) at the classroom door. Our teachers and children will join their families in worship at 9:45 a.m. for the remainder of the service.
Our faith formation ministry for children includes:
- Word and Worship: We primarily follow a lectionary-based curriculum. We hear and share the Good News from the same gospel reading heard in worship so that families may “take the story home” and engage in conversation, prayer and study.
- Music: Making a joyful noise through song and with instruments helps us to understand what it means to praise God! Children’s Choir meets Sundays from 10:30-11 a.m. Contact Worship & Music Coordinator Mark Gould for information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Faith Milestones: Each grade level studies a section of Luther’s Small Catechism and shares with the congregation. Memory work is taught in creative and meaningful ways to engage all learning styles.
- PreK/Kindergarten – Bedtime and mealtime prayers
- Grades 1 and 2 – The Lord’s Prayer
- Grades 3 and 4 – The Ten Commandments
- Grades 5 and 6 – The Apostles’ Creed
Sunday School Calendar September 2017-May 2018
Save the Date!
Hero Central VBS 2018 – June 12-15